Definitive Computer Surge Protector Reviews – Top 8 Models You Should Consider in 2022
Investing in a computer surge protector for your computing devices like laptops, personal computer (PC) is a necessary evil these days.
Gone are the days (when I was still a kid) 🙂 when there was hardly any need for surge protection for home electrical appliances.
Those old bulky electrical counterparts of the past are less susceptible to voltage spikes, thanks to bigger and more robust built-in electrical components.
Modern-day electrical devices like computers and smaller appliances are constantly being made smaller and more sophisticated. This inevitably increases their vulnerability to unforeseen spikes in electrical currents.
Now that you understand why surge protection is needed, you might be asking what is a good surge protector for computers. This is especially important if you are looking to protect your newly purchased gaming desktop from damaging power surges during stormy days.
With the humongous amount of surge protection brands and models in the market, it is increasingly difficult to get the right one that suits your need.
Lucky for you, our team has done the heavy lifting for you. 🙂 We have come out with a table that showcases the best surge protector for desktop computers. But if you are in a hurry, we have highlighted the best pc surge protector you can get below.
Its energy and space-saving design is really a huge plus for us, not to mention the safety door that will prevent little ones from poking their small fingers in. Such thoughtful design is what makes a good product great. 🙂
Are you a heavy user of USB devices? If so, you will definitely adore the 6 USB smart charging ports. If you are looking for a computer surge protector to charge up the many computing devices and peripherals of yours at home or in the office, this BESTEK surge protector should be your top consideration.
Computer Surge Protector Comparison Table
Below is a comparison table showcasing 5 of the best surge protector for computers in terms of value for money, reliability and features.
12 3996 6 ft 2 8 1500 6 ft 6 6 1080 6 ft 2 12 2390 6 ft 2 8 525 6 ft 5 12 3600 6 ft 5 6 1280 6.6 ft 3 6 900 6.5 ft 4
Top 8 Editorial Picks
No. of Outlets
Power Cord Length
No of USB Ports
Belkin BV112050-06 Surge Protector Read Review
BESTEK Power Strip Tower Read Review
Accell Powramid USB-C Surge Protector Read Review
Huntkey 12 Outlets Surge Protector Read Review
NTONPOWER Surge Protector Tower Read Review
MKSENSE Surge Protector Read Review
Anker USB C Surge Protector Read Review
SUPERDANNY Surge Protection Tower Read Review
1Belkin BV112050-06 Review
This 3996 Joules surge protector for PC definitely has the surge protection capability to shield all your computer peripherals from harmful current spikes.
You can now juice up your electronic gadgets and work on your computer while getting protected from nasty power surges.
Having 6 regular AC outlets means you can now protect all the electrical equipment (NAS, desk lamp, laptop, printer, PC monitor) and electronic gadgets (GPS watch. cellphone) you can think of. 🖨💻📺📹📷🕹
With 6 additional block space outlets, plugging in older computer equipment (e.g. old printers) that comes with a brick-sized plug will no longer take up additional outlet space.
Problem with space constraints on your floor or desk? No worries, BV112050-06 comes with mounting holes for you to securely mount it onto your wall space.
In addition to its clean and sleek exterior, this computer surge protector from Belkin also comes with a lifetime warranty plus a worry-free $250,000 Connected Equipment Warranty.
Although Belkin BV112050-06 does not have smart IC technology for its 2 USB charging ports at its current price point, it is still a very good bang for your buck given all its awesome features and well-thought-out design.
- Whopping 3996 Joule Energy Rating
- Recessed Power Switch prevents accidental shutdowns
- Surge Protection and Improper Grounding Indicators
- 6 Blockspace outlets to accommodate BIG plugs
- Advanced power filtration
- Clean and Sleek exterior design
- Lifetime plus $250,000 Connected Equipment Warranty
- USB ports do not come with Smart IC Technology
- 6 feet power cord could be longer
Belkin 12-Outlet USB Power Strip Surge Protector w/Flat Plug, 6ft Cord
- 12 outlet surge protector power strip with flat plug, 6 feet/1.8M cord
- Two USB ports (2.1A combined) for charging smartphones, tablets, and more
- Safeguards computers, appliances, home theater and office equipment from potentially damaging power surges
2BESTEK Power Strip Tower Review
At first glance, the futuristic design of this Bestek surge protection tower unit impressed us immediately.
And with its dual independent power switch design for energy-saving purposes and 8 wide-space AC outlets, we knew it has to be our editorial pick for the best PC surge protector.
Although it comes with a mere 1500 joules energy rating, you will be thrilled to know that it comes with a short circuit and power overload protection.
And that means when a humongous power spike comes about, this 8 outlet Bestek computer surge protector will detect the overpowering current and cut the power to all 8 AC outlets including the USB ports.
This will effectively prevent the harmful surge from reaching your connected devices like laptops, PC computers and connected peripherals.
Are you impressed yet? 🙂
And if that is not enough to impress you, do know that it comes with 6 smart USB charging ports with an intelligent device recognition feature.
This feature helps provide a safe amount of maximum charging speed for the plugged-in device.
In addition to that, all its eight AC outlets come with a peace-of-mind safety door to help prevent little kiddies at home from poking their little fingers in.
And if a 6-foot long power cord is not long enough for you, do know that there is a 12 feet long model available.
And if wireless charging is your kind of thing, you will be glad to know that Bestek also comes with a wireless charger model with similar features and specs.
If you are curious about its resistance to heat, you will be pleased to know it has a high temperature resistant of up to 750°C.
This Bestek surge protection tower comes with 6 feet long power cord plus an 18-month warranty.
When it comes to choosing the best surge protector for a computer, you have to get one that ensures the safety of your computer and its data when a power spike happens.
A powerful voltage spike from a nearby lightning bolt could potentially fry your computer and the hard disk on your computer could also be damaged.
Given its power overload protection, your laptop and computer devices will be in safe hands when a nasty spike comes around.
- Built-in Safety doors for all AC outlets
- 2 Independent Power Switches for energy saving purpose
- 6 smart USB Charging ports with intelligent device recognition function
- Smart, elegant and futuristic design
- Short circuit and power overload protection
- FCC and ETL certified and conforming to RoHS standard
- Heat resistant of up to 750°C
- 18 month warranty
- 6 feet power cord could be longer
BESTEK Power Strip Tower 8-Outlet and 6 Smart USB Charging Ports 1500 Joules Surge Protector
- 8-Outlet Surge Protector(1500J) USB Power Strip with 6-foot heavy-duty power cable(14AWG),protecting your router, laptops, printers, modems, speakers and other valuable appliances against surges and spikes
- 6 Smart USB Charging Ports with intelligent recognition function, detecting your device to deliver its safest maximum charge speed up to 2.4A per port,40W/8A total (No compatibility problem )
- Desktop Tower Design,BESTEK USB Surge Protector is ideal for charging multiple devices at home/office/school,SPACE SAVING!(only 5.7 inches tall)
- Two independent switches and unique photosensitive USB LED indicator make this surge protector convenient to use
- Safety Guarantee:ETL Listed,built-in surge protection,short circuit protection, overload protection,over temperature protection, over current protection. Built-in SAFETY DOOR to protect kids from unexpected electric shock
3Accell Powramid Computer Surge Protector for Office
If you are looking for a durable and reliable surge protector for the office that must come with both USB-A and USB-C ports, you are in luck.
This 1080 joules computer surge protector from Accell Powramid fits the bill with its 6 well spread-out outlets ensuring that everyone sitting around the office gets to share the AC outlets.
This Accell Powramid surge protector is also perfect for a meeting room, with enough AC outlets for hosting small group work meetings and web conferences.
A wireless charging model is available if you require a wireless charging function.
Its 40 dB filtration power feature helps isolate your computer from power-generated noise, resulting in a more superior sound and image quality when in use with audio/visual equipment.
This computer surge protector also features X3 MOV Technology which could help protect connected equipment from hazardous surges and power spikes. It provides a longer protection lifespan than that of a regular MOV.
This surge protector from Accell comes with a full 5 year connected equipment and $100k limited warranty.
- 6 wide-space AC outlets
- Skid and scratch-resistant base, perfect for meeting room use
- Availability of both USB-A and USB-C charging outlets
- 6 foot long heavy duty power cord
- Advanced X3 MOV technology
- Noise Reduction feature for superior audio/visual quality
- 5 year connected equipment and $100k limited warranty
- 1080 joules may get depleted fast when powerful spikes come about
Accell Powramid USB-C Surge Protector – USB-C & USB-A Charging Ports (3.4A)
- Plug into all 6 outlets, even with bulky adapters & Transformers
- Protect your devices with surge-protected USB-C and USB-A charging ports (USB output: 3. 4a)
- Product safety tested and Certified by UL
- 1080 Joules of surge protection, 6-foot heavy duty power cord
- Durability and performance Backed by Accell 5-year connected equipment $100, 000 Limited
4Huntkey 12 Outlets USB C Surge Protector Review
One look and you may immediately notice similarities between this Huntkey surge protector and the Belkin BV112050-06 we reviewed earlier on.
Well, do not judge a “surge protector” by its cover. 🙂
This Huntley computer surge protector comes packed with 2390 joules and has 2 USB charging ports. 1 of them comes with a USB Type C port which provides ultra-fast charging (up to 2.5 times faster).
Besides having 7 regular AC outlets and 5 wide-spaced AC outlets, do note that this Huntkey surge protection device comes with overcharging, overheating and short-circuit protection which are essential features for computer users.
Unlike Belkin BV112050-06, its housing is made of flame retardant materials and is able to withstand temperatures of up to 1,382℉(750℃).
While it is in the same price range as Belkin BV112050-06, it is definitely a more worthy buy in my opinion.
Don’t you agree? 🙂
- 7 Regular AC Outlets and 5 Blockspace AC Outlets
- 1 USB Type C Fast Charging Port and 1 regular USB port
- Overload, Overheating and Short-circuit Protection features
- 6 Feet Heavy Duty UL listed Extension Cord
- 2390 joules energy rating
- 2 keyhole mounting slots
- Made of flame retardant materials
- 36 months warranty
- ETL Listed & FCC certified
- the 6 feet power cord could be longer
Huntkey USB C Power Strip with 12 Outlets Surge Protector
- USB C Outlets: 1 USB-C port, 1 USB-A port, and 12 AC outlets power up to 14 devices from a single wall outlet.
- Room for All: 12 outlet maximum rated power is 1875W/125V/15A. It designs extra space outlets for larger plugs.
- High-Speed Charging: 2 USB ports total 30W. USB-A delivers 12W (5V 2.4A).18W PD USB-C port can charge up to 2.5X faster than normal.
- 2390J Surge Protector: Safeguards and overload switches can protect your devices against overcurrent, overcharging, overheating, and short-circuit.
5NTONPOWER Surge Protector Tower Review
Sick of using a power strip surge protector? This Surge Protector Tower from NTONPOWER will add a whole new look to your study/working environment.
If you are BIG on energy saving, this is probably the surge protector you will ever want. There is a dedicated power switch for each column of 4 AC outlets and USB fast charging ports.
Devices that require to be powered on 7 x 24 (Internet modem, security camera, etc) can be plugged into one column and the rest can be plugged into another.
End of the day, you are just one switch button away from powering off all the devices (that need NOT be on 7 x 24) to avoid the dreadful phantom energy load.
NTONPOWER Surge Protector Tower comes with a total of 8 AC outlets. These outlets should be more than enough to juice up all your computing devices like laptop/PC computers and electrical peripherals like printers, modems, fax machines, desk lamps and so on.
While this NTONPOWER computer surge protector does not come with a good amount of joules, it compensated that with a built-in 15-amp circuit breaker which will protect against power overload. This feature will prevent the harmful effects of power spikes from reaching all the connected equipment.
This surge suppression tower with 6 feet power cord is made with fireproof ABS+PC material that is capable of withstanding temperatures of up to 1382℉.
This NTONPOWER Surge Protector Tower has an 18 months warranty to facilitate any refund or replacement of faulty parts. In addition to that, they also provide a peace-of-mind $300,000 liability insurance for connected devices and property damage if an incident occurs.
- Individual column power switch for convenient and energy saving purposes
- Space-saving design
- Non- Slip Silicone Mat at the bottom
- Low Profile Flat Plug – great for tight spaces
- Built-in 15 amp circuit breaker
- 8 AC outlets spanned across 2 columns
- 5 fast charging USB ports that come with smart IC auto-adjust charging rate
- Fireproof ABS+PC material housing
- 18 months refund and replacement warranty and more
- 6 ft power cord may not be long enough for far-flung AC power source
NTONPOWER Surge Protector Flat Plug, 8 Outlets 5 USB Desktop Charging Station
- MULTI OUTLET POWER STRIP TOWER WITH USB – This power strip tower with usb equipped up to 8 AC outlets (1875W-125V Max,3750W-250V Max) and 5 fast charging usb port (Maximum 2.4 A output per port), smart IC auto-adjust charging rate, allow you to charge 3 iPads and 2 iPhones at the same time. Meet all your charging needs for home and office.
- UNIQUE SPACE SAVING DESIGN – Unlike regular power strip, the creative vertical tower design provides sufficient space for each plug, providing enough space between each outlet that saves space and declutter your workspace and home.
- INDEPENDENT SWITCH CONTROL – The power charging station has independent switches each side and can be controlled separately. It does not need to plug and unplug the devices or appliances frequently, and it will not affect the normal operation of other devices.
6MKSENSE Surge Protector Power Strip Review
Weighing only 1.71 pounds, this affordable surge protection device not only comes with a whopping 3600-joule rating, it also has four USB ports (5V/2.4A) and one USB-C port (5V/3A + up to 10Gps transfer speed). If you have always wanted a USB port that delivers 10Gps worth of transfer speed, consider this another of your wishes granted. 😉
Never worry about overloading your power strip anymore with MKSENSE’s Overload Protection feature which will automatically trigger a shutdown whenever power overload is detected. No more tripping up your entire household when power overload occurs.
Besides having a fire-resistant housing made of flame-retardant material, this MKSENSE surge protector comes with two widely-spaced outlets which will allow you to plug in big-sized plugs that would normally take up an additional outlet.
This computer surge protector is most ideal for people working from home and students – who have lots of USB devices and computer peripherals. This surge protector does come with a 10 outlet model if 12 outlets are too many for you.
- 12 power outlets (includes 2 x widely-spaced outlets)
- Fire-resistant exterior housing
- 3600 joule suppression rating
- An integrated circuit breaker with overload protection
- 5 x USB ports (including 1 x USB-C ports with a transfer speed of 10Gps)
- 45° Angled Flat Plug
- ETL listed (ETL Mark is proof of product compliance to North American safety standards)
- Lack of warranty information
Power Strip, MKSENSE Surge Protector with 12 Outlets & 4 USB Ports & 1 Type-C Port (5V/3A), 3600 Joules, Angled Flat Plug, Spaced Outlets & ETL Listed
- Comes with 12 AC outlets (1875W/15A) and 4 USB ports (5V/2.4A) and 1 USB-C Port (5V/3A), the surge protector is suitable for most household appliances and mobile devices. It also features 2 spaced outlets that can easily fit in the large adapters, while other 10 outlets are regularly spaced for normal plugs. With ETL listed, the USB power strip is the best choice for your home and office use.
- Built in smart charging technology, the USB-C port (5V/3A) and 4 USB ports (5V/2.4A) will detect your devices automatically and deliver the fastest charge speed, to make your devices fully charged in the fastest time. The power strip with USB fits most device, such as smart phone, tablet, PC and etc.
- With 14 AWG GAUGE three prong heavy duty extension cord is rated for 15 amps, the flat plug power strip will support the common power requirements in the home and office. While the fire-resistant materials provide your devices with the safest protection. MKSENSE power strip surge protector will give you all around protection.
7Anker USB C Surge Protector Power Strip Review
Besides getting wooed over by its simple and yet pleasing white exterior design, I was not expecting this Anker surge protector to come with a high-speed charging USB-C port.
Did you know that with the USB-C charging port, you will be able to charge iPhone up to 2.5 times and the iPad 1.5 times faster? If you are an Apple fan, you will definitely come to adore the USB-C port.
In addition to the USB-C port, there are two Power-IQ-enabled USB ports that intelligently identify your device while providing the fastest possible charge – depending on the type of USB devices you have, obviously. 😉
Offering 1280 joules and a fire-resistant casing, this Anker surge protection device is ideal for protecting your personal computer, laptop, printer at home or in the office, not to mention protecting USB devices too while charging them.
I especially like the specially catered extra spacing between the power outlets which is a good feature to have if you happen to have old printers that come with brick-sized power plugs that will easily take up the space of two power outlets.
If you have little ones at home, you will appreciate the internal safety shutters built into each outlet that help prevent accidental exposure to A/C currents.
All in all, if you are looking for a decently priced surge protector that delivers good quality features plus peace of mind 18-month warranty, this surge protector from Anker will definitely meet your expectations.
- 6 power outlets (all outlets are widely-spaced out)
- Fire-resistant exterior housing
- 1280 joule rating
- Child-friendly internal safety shutters
- An integrated circuit breaker with overload protection
- Over-current protection
- Short-circuit protection
- 1 x USB-C ports (with a transfer speed of 10Gps)
- 2 x Power-IQ USB ports (fast charging feature and device recognition)
- 45° Angled Flat Plug
- 6.6 foot long power cord
- 18 months warranty with lifetime $100,000 connected equipment warranty
Anker USB C Surge Protector Power Strip, 6 Outlet & 3 USB (30W) with Power Delivery Port Power Strip
- USB Expansion: 1 USB-C port, 2 PowerIQ-enabled USB ports, and 6 AC outlets provide power and charging for up to 9 devices from a single wall charging unit.
- High-Speed Charging: The dedicated USB-C Power Delivery port pumps out up to 30W of power. Charge an iPhone up to 2.5× faster, and an iPad up to 1.5× faster than original chargers.
- Superior Safety: Advanced surge protection (1280 Joules) and overload protection, combined with a fire-resistant casing and safety switch, keep you and your devices safe.
- Room for All: Extra space between each AC outlet on the USB-C power strip provides room for larger plugs, while the space-saving 45° plug design keeps the other wall outlets free.
- What You Get: PowerPort Strip PD 6 USB-C power strip with 6.6 ft cable, welcome guide, worry-free 18-month warranty, lifetime* $100,000 connected equipment warranty, and friendly customer service.
8SUPERDANNY Surge Protector Tower Review
If you are a huge fan of a neat and orderly desk, I am pretty confident you will come to enjoy the retractable power cable that can be hidden at the base of the tower.
It does not matter if you have USB-powered devices like Air-pods, smartwatch, tablet or computer electronics like a desktop computer, monitor, laptop, or printer – all of them can be safely charged while still making your desk look aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.
Most importantly, wireless charging for your cellphone is just one button away, no more separate wireless charge pad and extra cable lying around your desk.
And with a vertical charging tower-like SUPERDANNY, gone are the days where you will need to sacrifice extra A/C outlet when using transformer-size plugs from old equipment.
People who need to work from home for prolonged hours will be glad that this charging tower is made of ABS + PC flame-resisting material, rated UL94 V-0 – the highest fire resistance level. No more worries about unexpected fire hazards.
Is this surge protection tower only for office or computer desks? Of course not. This 900-joule surge protection tower from SUPERDANNY is extremely versatile in terms of usage. It can be used almost anywhere, be it office, home, multimedia entertainment room, or even garage.
- 6 x AC outlets
- 10W Wireless Charging pad
- 4 x USB charging ports
- UL94 V-0 rated flame-resistant exterior housing
- 900 joule rating
- Space-saving design
- An integrated circuit breaker with overload protection
- Short-circuit protection
- Retractable 6.5 feet power cable
- LED indicator/Metal detector for different working status
- Surge protection rating is low
SUPERDANNY Power Strip Tower with 10W Wireless Charger, Spin Standing Surge Protector 3000W 13A Vertical Charging Station with 6 AC Outlets+4 USB Ports and 6.5ft Extension Cord
- [10W Wireless Charger in Qi Standard] On top of this 2-layer power strip tower there is a built-in wireless charging pad that is compatible with all Qi-enabled devices (Except Huawei phones) and provides them 10W/7.5W/5W cordless charging according to their need of current. Our USB charging station has an LED indicator/metal detector to tell you its working status: constant red for power on and charging complete, blinking blue for metal detected, constant blue for charging.
- [Smart USB Charging] 5V/3.4A from the 4 USB slots, with 0-2.1A/port for charging phones, tablets, and other USB powered electronics. With smart IC technology, the USB ports of this vertical multiple outlet power strip are able to detect the plugged devices and automatically provide them the fastest possible yet safe charging current within the output capability.
- [LARGE COMPATIBILITY]This power strip surge protector tower ( rated current 13A) is designed with adaptable voltages: 110V-240V. It will automatically adapt to the wall out voltage it is plugged in. Used in the United States (110-125V), its max power is 125V x 13A = 1625W.（Calculation Formula: P=UI.） This vertical power strip tower with large compatibility, max wattage up to 3000W, will absolutely meet your needs!
- [Space Saving and Cord Retractable] The innovative tower shape utilizes the vertical space and allocates the outlets evenly on four sides with them wide-spaced, which is perfect even for large and bulky power plugs and adapters. Another space-saving design is the retractable 6.5ft cord in the tower base, with which you can pull out the needed length and leave the rest inside for better balance.
Tips on Choosing the Best Computer Surge protector
Price vs Features
Never pay too high a price tag for features that are commonplace. Avoid paying a premium for brands that do not really offer too many surge protection features you will need.
Needs and Requirements
Be clear about what you need in terms of features and specifications. For example, if you are a frequent traveler who has a need for charging up your laptop on the go, then a lightweight and portable travel surge protector could be more suitable for you.
If you need a computer surge protector at home, our recommendation is to go for a tower design type that can help save you precious real estate on your desk.
You will want a more robust computer surge protector for your computing devices if you happen to stay in a lightning-prone area. You will want to get one that comes with an automatic circuit-breaker or one with a high amount of joule energy rating.
Choosing the best computer surge protector that suits your requirements need not be challenging at all. We hope this article has been useful in helping you make a better purchasing decision.
You should definitely consider surge protection for the whole house if you are thinking of having surge protection for most of your home appliances and electronic gadgets.