APC BR700G Review: Entry Level UPS for 2022
APC BR700G is an affordable entry-level line-interactive UPS tower that offers power protection for individual workspace setup. Besides protecting your equipment against power outages, BR700G safeguards your connected electrical devices from harmful power surges that travel though AC, phone and network lines.
- Surge Protection for AC and Data Lines
- Widely-spaced Outlets
- 10 Minutes Run Time @ Half Load
- LCD status displays status indicators, load and battery bar graphs
- Battery Disconnected Notification
- Simple Battery Replacement
- Automatic Voltage Regulation
- 36 Months Warranty + $150,000 equipment protection policy
- Lifetime data recovery warranty
- Battery Recharge Time could be faster
- Cooling fan emits soft humming noise
- LED Display dims out after 60 seconds
- Software not user-friendly
Protecting your unsaved office work or having enough power to save your online gaming data is now possible when a power blackout happens.
With 420 watts of power, whether you are gaming online or working hard on your office project, APC BR700G gives you ample time to save your game and work data when an unexpected power outage struck.
Besides protecting desktop computers and gaming consoles, this battery backup UPS from APC is also ideal for protecting most business electronics, computer peripherals and network devices.
In this review of APC BR700G, I will do an in-depth review of its functional features as well as areas where there is room for improvement.
Pro Buying Tips
Always get UPS that provides multiple status indicators like power loads and battery bar graph at a glance.
APC BR700G comes equipped with an automatic battery self-test to ensure early detection of batteries that are due for replacement.
In addition, this 420 watts UPS offers an amazing lifetime data recovery warranty – which means professional data recovery will be provided in the event of data loss due to unit failure.
This UPS tower from APC offers $150,000 Equipment Protection Policy, on top of a 36 months warranty and data recovery services.
APC BR700G – Core Features
3 Minutes Run Time at Full Load
If you happen to run at full power capacity at 420 Watts, you will get a guaranteed 3 minutes of run time should a power outage strike.
Automatic Voltage Regulation
Runtime and battery life can be maximized when harmful irregular voltages are corrected and voltage levels are kept at a safe level without going through a battery discharge.
Multiple Status LCD Screen
Real-time power load and battery bar graph and other key UPS status are provided at a glance without having to wade through multiple configuration screens and buttons.
Battery and Surge Protection Outlets
There are 6 outlets in total and 3 of them provide both power and surge protection while the remaining three are mainly for devices and equipment that require surge protection.
Hot-swappable batteries [RBC17] are available to facilitate the uninterrupted replacement of faulty or used batteries, be it planned or unplanned.
An alarm will be triggered upon any abnormal changes in power voltage or UPS power status. It is also possible to disable the alarm for a specific duration.
Any trigger alarm can be muted by pressing a button on the front panel.
Battery Failure Notification
In the spirit of preventive maintenance, this early-warning fault analysis of batteries is a pretty useful feature to have.
Power Management Software
Using a USB port connection, the Powerchute software can be installed for the collection of additional information and more management settings.
APC BR700G comes with a 36-month warranty and a $150,000 Equipment Protection Policy.
- Product Dimension: 17.32 x 10.08 x 5.67 inches
- Product Weight: 15.76 pounds [7.14kg]
- Output Volt Amp Capacity: 700 VA
- UPS Topology: Line-Interactive
- Form Factor: Tower
- Output Watt Capacity: 420 Watts
- Waveform Type: Stepped approximation to a sinewave
- Replacement Battery Model: RBC17
- Half-load Runtime: 10 minutes (240 watts)
- Battery Recharge Duration: 12 hours
- Joules Rating: 354 J
- Interface Port: USB
- Warranty: 3 years limited warranty