Electronics Surge Protector – We Reviewed 5 of the Best Ones for 2021
Last Updated on September 1, 2021 by Marc Edwards
Let’s face it.
It is an undeniable fact that new aesthetically pleasing electronic gadgets are being pushed to the market almost every other day.
The ever-increasing collection of gadgets on my desk and shelves never fail to convince me why having an electronics surge protector is essential.
Did you know that it takes just a nasty power spike to ruin every single electronic gadget that is plugged into the power source?
Nope, not everyone will believe it until it actually happens to them.
A recent incident prompted me to write this post.
A client-turn-friend of mine recently got his beloved Apple MacBook Pro fried by an unexpected power surge.
He read online that Macbook Pro(s) are able to withstand electrical surges but not lightning strikes.
And so he decided to take his chances…
Two weeks ago, all it took was one nasty electrical surge during a stormy day and his beloved 3-year-old Macbook Pro was in a deep coma since.
He got a new one as it was not cost-effective to have the circuitry board replaced – according to a 3rd party repair shop.
My friend was lucky, the data on his hard disk was intact.
Time and money wasted and lesson learned.
In case you are in a hurry or do not wish to read the rest of this review, our editorial pick for the electronics surge protector is Huntkey SMS127 12 Outlets Surge Protector.
Its 12 AC outlets and 2 smart IC technology USB charging ports are what really impressed us in terms of value and usability.
If you are someone who owns lots of electronic gadgets, you will really come to appreciate the many AC outlets that Hunter SMC127 has to offer.
In addition to that, we really like the easy-to-reach customer service team which we have personally tried.
They are fast to respond during the times when we contacted them via email.
Besides that, we like the fact that they back their product with an awesome 3-year warranty.
When it comes to getting the best surge protectors, always be aware of your needs and living environment.
If you stay near lightning and storm-prone areas, getting a whole house surge protection device could be a better choice for you.
Getting a surge suppression device for your gadgets is usually the easy part.
The challenging part is knowing how to choose the right ones that fit your budget and requirements.
There are just too many brands and models in the market these days, we hope by narrowing them down, it would make life easier for you. 🙂
And if you are like me who owns lots and lots of electrical gadgets, be sure to check out the list of 5 brands and models reviewed below.
Jinvoo Smart Wifi Power Strip Surge Protector
Weighing a mere 1.2 pounds (540g), this electronics surge protector from Jinvoo comes with an attractive innovative design and an eye-pleasing exterior.
Not only is it compact and portable (7.9 x 3.9 x 1.1 inches), it comes packed with wifi capabilities that support up to 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
Are you a heavy user of USB-based electronics?
There are 4 USB ports to help juice up your electronics all day long.
Beyond that, this surge suppressor also comes with timer and scheduling functions as well as a voice control capability that works with Alexa Echo and Google Assistant.
How cool is that? 🙂
This awesome power strip offers Smart App that can be downloaded by scanning QR codes on the manual.
With the smart app, you will be able to control this electronics surge protector remotely – wherever you are.
It is also possible to schedule this smart surge protector to power on or off at your desired time, hence no more overcharging of your connected electrical devices.
This Jinvoo electronics surge protector comes with a 12-month warranty.
- Sleek design
- Lightweight and portable
- Wifi capable
- Schedule and timer functions
- 4 USB charging ports
- 5 ft Power cord
- Voice control capability
- One-clicking sharing, Multi-device control
- Controllable via Smart App
- There are only 4 AC Outlets (Great for travelers)
Jinvoo WiFi Smart Power Strip Surge Protector, Multi Plug with 4 AC Outlets 4 USB Ports
- Remote (wireless) control – Use the full control mode or control 4 sockets individually with your smartphone no matter where you are, Do note that the 4 USB charging ports can only be controlled together.
- Work with Alexa echo: Sync with the Alexa for voice control after connecting successfully
- Schedule your smart power strip to turn on or off at a specific time, eliminating overcharge and protecting your device
- Real-time feedback – The appliances status will feedback to your phone in real-time
- Intelligent USB Power – USB Super Charging Ports with a MAX power output of 20W, detects your devices to deliver the ideal charging speed up to 2.4A per port, eliminating any power adapter.
Huntkey SMC127 12 Outlets Surge Protector
Equipped with two smart IC Technology USB charging ports and a 2390 joules energy rating, it was an easy task for us to choose Hunter SMC127 surge protector as our editorial pick for the best electronics surge protector.
Made with flame-retardant material, this Hunter 12 outlet surge protector offers an overload protection switch in addition to a 6 feet long heavy-duty extension cord.
Never run out of charging outlets again when juicing up your wide arrays of electronics at home while protecting them against nasty power surges at the same time.
Having space constraints at home or in the office? Hunter SMC127 comes with 2 keyhole mounting slots at the back to allow secure mounting on the wall.
This Hunter electronics surge protector comes with an awesome 3 years warranty as well as a friendly, easy-to-reach customer service team standing behind their products.
- 2 x Smart IC Technology USB Charging Ports
- 10 A/C Outlets
- 2390 Joules rating to effectively protect all 12 charging outlets
- Overload Protection switch (switch turns off when current overload happens)
- 3 Years warranty
- It would been better if the power cord is longer (for people with hard-to-reach AC outlets)
Huntkey 12 Outlets Surge Protector Power Strip, 2 USB Ports 5V/2.4A
- 12 US standard AC surge-protected outlets, with 2390-Joule energy rating, protect your home and office devices from voltage fluctuations, surges and spikes.
- 2 USB charging ports with smart IC technology sharing 2.4A power; auto-detect your devices and supply the maximum charge speed for your devices.
Monster 6-Outlet Surge Protector
With 2 x 3.4 amp ultra-fast USB charging ports and 6 AC outlets, this Monster surge protector is most ideal for office and home use. It is also a dream come true for people who own a gazillion electronics at home which require super-fast charging speed. 👍
Featuring Fireproof MOV technology, your plugged-in electronics are in safe hands when nasty power spikes occur which may trigger electrical fires.
With its Clean power Stage 1 Noise Filtration ability, the sound and image quality of your home entertainment system will be greatly enhanced.
If you are staying near a lightning-prone area, this Monster surge suppressor is a must-have ‘Power Guard’ for your home appliances and electronics.
This 1660 joules electronics surge protector from Monster comes with a whopping 60 months ( 5 years) worry-free warranty
- Made of Fireproof and flame retardant material
- 2 USB Charging ports with Smart IC Technology
- Fireproof MOV: Patented Fireproof Technology (peace of mind)
- Monster Clean Power Stage 1 Technology: Provides superior sound and picture quality
- Sliding safety cover for the outlets would be a good to have feature
Monster Power Surge Protector 6-Outlet Power Strip, Platinum 600 HT
- POWER FOR MULTIPLE DEVICES: 6 AC outlets, 2 USB ports, and 6 feet of cable can provide power and protection for a workstation or home entertainment system; built-in safety features safeguards also shields your antenna, satellite, and cable connected to either of the coaxial inputs
- COMPLETE SURGE PROTECTION: Monster Platinum power strip with USB secures your gadgets for up to 1,660 joules; it provides total protection for your electronics during storm surges and power outages
- PATENTED FIREPROOF TECHNOLOGY: Our power surge protector strip feature MOV (Metal Oxide Varistor) technology that prevents electrical fires which can cause irreparable damage to your devices and your home
POWRUI 12-Outlet Surge Protector
This POWRUI surge protector may not have the prettiest design but it does come packed with a whopping 4000 joules (long lifespan) and a 6 f00t power cord.
And as if it is not enough, it also comes with 6 wide-spaced outlets as well as offering an overcharge protection safety switch.
Besides having 4 Fast USB charging ports (built-in smart charging technology), this electronics surge protector from POWRUI comes with 12 AC outlets to satisfy all your charging needs.
If you are still not impressed, do note that it has a fire-resistance housing with flame retardance at 1382℉ and it comes with a peace-of-mind 30 days return and 12-month replacement policy.
- 4 Fast USB charging ports (Build in smart charging technology)
- 12 AC outlets
- Whopping 4000J energy rating
- 6 x wide-spaced outlets for taking on big-ass plugs 🙂
- Not the nicest design (we do not really mind)
Surge Protector(4000 Joules), POWRUI Power Strip with 12-Outlet and 4 USB Ports(5V/6A, 30W)
- Power Strip with 12-outlets & 4 Fast USB Ports: 12AC outlets & 4 USB ports power strip with 6-foot Heavy-Duty power extension cord, POWRUI 3-Level 4000 Joules Surge protector
- Fast USB Charging Ports – Build-in smart charging technology, This USB charger will detect your devices automatically and deliver the fastest charge speed up to 2.4A( 5V/2.4 Max Each Port ), 4 USB ports ( Total 6A/30W) can charge almost any USB device (smartphone, tablet, Amazon Kindle, fire stick, e-reader, Bluetooth headphones, portable speaker, etc)
- Wide Space Outlets: 6 regular Outlets & 6 widely spaced Outlets, 1875W / 15A heavy-duty design with 6ft extra long extension cord, overcharge protection safety switch meet all your charging requirements for home, office, kitchen appliances like TV, speakers, DVD, computer, laptop, printer, modem, lamp, refrigerator and more.
Webang Heavy Duty 8 Outlet Surge Protector
If you have always wanted a heavy-duty surge protector that can also double up at a light source for your workplaces like a garage, construction site, or even photo studio, you are in luck.
This 8 outlets surge protector from Webang not only comes with dual USB fast charging ports, but it also provides a dedicated power switch for both the LED lighting and power outlets.
Just one switch away and you are able to power down all your connected devices thus helping you cut down unnecessary standby power consumption.
Each of the outlets is reasonably spaced out to allow bigger-sized plugs without taking up another outlet space.
This power-saving and great-looking surge protector for electronics comes with a one-year product return policy.
If budget is not a concern for you, this is truly a worthy purchase to protect your electronic gadgets while saving some money (energy-saving) along the way.
- 2 Separate Power Switches (Power saving)
- 2 USB fast charging ports
- Built-in 15A Circuit breaker
- Dual LED Lighting
- Auto Surge Protection
- Lifetime warranty
- The price point is definitely not wallet-friendly
WEBANG Heavy Duty Metal Power Strip Surge Protector with 8 Outlets
- Multi-Outlets – 8 grounded AC outlets (15A/125V/1875W) charge all devices simultaneously, 2 USB charging ports come in handy charging cell phone and Bluetooth-Speakers; two USB power outlets with a total output of 3.4 Amp come in handy charging cell phone and Bluetooth-Speakers, LED lights to make your workspace brighter
- Superior Safety Protections – 15amp circuit breaker (Reset/OFF manual switch) protects your home/office appliances against short circuit and overloads, ETL certificated
- Wall-mountable – design with cord holder for wrap the cord or hanging on, two of mounting keyhole on the back, mount a metal power strip on the wall to provide easy access for electrical tooling, compact shape makes it available mount to the workbench or under a desk
- ETL Listed, sturdy and durable, excellent quality and safe enough, cost-effective power strip.