Electronics Surge Protector – We Reviewed 5 of the Best Ones for 2020
Last Updated on May 25, 2020 by GagSurgeAdmin
Let’s face it. It is an undeniable fact that new cool electronic gadgets are being pushed to the market almost every month (if not week). The ever-increasing population of gadgets on my desk and shelves never fail to convince me why having an electronics surge protector is essential.
It takes just a nasty power spike to ruin every single electronic gadgets that are plugged in to the power source.
Nope, not everyone is convinced until it actually happens to them.
A recent incident prompted me to write this post. A client-turn-friend of mine recently got his beloved Apple MacBook Pro fried. He read online that Macbook Pro(s) are able to withstand against electrical surges but not lightning strikes.
Two weeks ago, all it took was one nasty electrical surge during a stormy day and his Macbook Pro was in deep coma since.
He got a new one as it was not cost-effective to have the circuitry board replaced – according to a 3rd party repair shop.
My friend was lucky, the data on his hard-disk was intact.
Time and money wasted and lesson learned.
In case you are in a hurry, our editorial pick for the electronics surge protector is Huntkey SMS127 12 Outlets Surge Protector.
Its 12 AC outlets and 2 smart IC technology USB charging ports are what really impressed us in terms of value and usability.
If you are someone who own lots of electronic gadgets, you will really come to appreciate the many AC outlets that Hunter SMC127 has to offer.
In addition to that, we really like the easy-to-reach customer service team which we have personally tried. They are fast to response during the times when we contacted them via email. Besides that, we like the fact that they back their product with an awesome 3 year warranty.
When it comes to getting the best surge protectors, always be aware of your needs and living environment. If you stay near lightning and storm prone areas, getting a whole house surge protection device could be a better choice for you. And if you are like me who owns lots and lots of electrical gadgets, be sure to check out the list of 5 brands and models reviewed below.
TECKIN Desktop Power Strip Surge Protector
Weighing a mere 14.4 ounces (209g), this electronics surge protector from TECKIN has probably the best innovative design we have seen. Not only is it compact and portable (5.2 x 4.2 x 1.1 inches), it comes packed with 1080 joules which is more than sufficient to withstand typical transient surges around the household.
Are you a heavy user of USB-based electronics? There are 3 USB ports to help juice up your electronics all day long. Beyond that, there is also a phone holder slot where you can conveniently charge your cellphone while watching videos. How cool is that? 🙂
This TECKIN electronics surge protector comes with a 12 month warranty and is a FCC approved product.
- Sleek design
- Lightweight and portable
- 4 non-slip rubber feet on the bottom
- Short-circuit prevention
- FCC approved product
- There are only 3 AC Outlets (Great for travelers)
Desktop Power Strip Surge Protector (1080Joules), 3 USB Ports 3 AC Outlets, Overload Protection
3 OUTLETS & 3 USB PORT – The desktop charger features 3 USB charging ports and 3 AC outlets which not only save your space but also suitable for multiple devices, such as laptop, lamp, mobile phone, tablet and so on.Check Price
Huntkey SMC127 12 Outlets Surge Protector
Equipped with two smart IC Technology USB charging ports and 2390 joules energy rating, it was an easy task for us to choose Hunter SMC127 surge protector as our editorial pick for best electronics surge protector.
Never run out of charging outlets again when juicing up your wide arrays of electronics at home while protecting them against nasty power surges at the same time.
Having space constraint at home or in the office? Hunter SMC127 comes with 2 keyhole mounting slots at the back to allow secure mounting on wall.
This Hunter electronics surge protector comes with an awesome 3 years warranty as well as a friendly, easy-to-reach customer service team standing behind their products.
- 2 x Smart IC Technology USB Charging Ports
- 10 A/C Outlets
- 2390 Joules rating to effectively protect all 12 charging outlets
- Overload Protection switch (switch turns off when current overload happens)
- 3 Years warranty
- It would been better if the power cord is longer (for people with hard-to-reach AC outlets)
Huntkey 12 Outlets Surge Protector Power Strip, 2 USB Ports 5V/2.4A
- 12 US standard AC surge-protected outlets, with 2390-Joule energy rating, protect your home and office devices from voltage fluctuations, surges and spikes.
- 2 USB charging ports with smart IC technology sharing 2.4A power; auto-detect your devices and supply the maximum charge speed for your devices.
AUSFORE 6-Outlet Surge Protector
With more than 5 (smart IC technology) USB ports and 6 AC outlets, this AUSFORE surge protector is most ideal for office and home use. It is also a dream come true for people who owns a gazillion electronics at home which require fast charging.
Featuring a overload protection switch, your plugged-in electronics are in safe hands when a nasty power spike occurs. When a over-powering transient spike happens, the overload protection switch (auto switch off) cut off all power to the AC outlets.
If you are a frequent traveler, this light weight (0.8 pounds) surge protector is a must -have travel companion for you.
This 1700 joules electronics surge protector from AUSFORE comes with a 12 months worry-free warranty
- Made of Fireproof and flame retardant material
- 5 USB Charging ports with Smart IC Technology
- Overload protection switch (peace of mind)
- Most ideal for office, home and dorm room usage
- power cord could be longer for reaching hard-to-reach AC power points
Power Strip – 6-Outlet Surge Protector with 5 USB Ports Fast Charging (4.8A) UL Listed
【WIDELY SPACED OUTLETS FIT FOR BIG PLUGS】compact & portable size power strip comes with 6 widely spaced AC outlets and 5 USB charger ports can charge up to 11 devices for unexpected needs. Travel friendly space-saving design for a desktop surge protector power strip or nightstand usb charging station in your home, office & college dorm room.Check Price
POWRUI 12-Outlet Surge Protector
This POWRUI surge protector may not have the prettiest design but it does come packed with a whopping 4000 joules (long lifespan) and a 6 f00t power cord.
And as if it is not enough, it also comes with 6 wide-spaced outlets as well as offering an overcharge protection safety switch. Besides having 4 Fast USB charging ports (Build in smart charging technology), this electronics surge protector from POWRUI comes with 12 AC outlets to satisfy all your charging needs.
If you are still not impressed, do note that it has a fire-resistance housing with flame retardance at 1382℉ and it comes with a peace-of-mind 30 days return and 12 month replacement policy.
- 4 Fast USB charging ports (Build in smart charging technology)
- 12 AC outlets
- Whopping 4000J energy rating
- 6 x wide-spaced outlets for taking on big-ass plugs 🙂
- Not the nicest design (we do not really mind)
Surge Protector(4000 Joules), POWRUI Power Strip with 12-Outlet and 4 USB Ports(5V/6A, 30W)
- Power Strip with 12-outlets & 4 Fast USB Ports: 12AC outlets & 4 USB ports power strip with 6-foot Heavy Duty power extension cord, POWRUI 3-Level 4000 Joules Surge protector
- Fast USB Charging Ports：Build in smart charging technology, This USB charger will detect your devices automatically and deliver the fastest charge speed up to 2.4A( 5V/2.4 Max Each Port ), 4 USB ports ( Tatal 6A/30W) can charge almost any USB device (smartphone, tablet, Amazon Kindle, fire stick, e-reader, bluetooth headphones, portable speaker etc)
- Wide Space Outlets: 6 regular Outlets & 6 widely spaced Outlets, 1875W / 15A heavy duty design with 6ft extra long extension cord, overcharge protection safety switch meet all your charging requirements for home, office, kitchen appliances like TV, speakers, DVD, computer, laptop, printer, modem, lamp, refrigerator and more.
Echogear Rotating Surge Protector
Do you have power-hungry gadgets that need juicing up from multiple places? Fret not, this dual-USB port surge protector from Echogear comes with an impressive 90º rotational AC outlets. If you have space constraint at home or in the office, this 6 AC outlets electronics surge protector could be a possible solution for you.
Featuring a fireproof MOV, this feature protects against lightning surges when a nasty storm comes about. This mountable 1080 joules surge protector for electronics is both UL tested and certified and comes with a 5 year $25k connected equipment warranty.
- Fireproof MOV
- 90º rotational AC outlets
- 40 dB EMI/RFI noise filtering
- Built-in circuit breaker switch
- UL tested and certified
- 5 year $25k connected equipment warranty
- 1080 joules is on the low side for an eight outlet surge protection device
Echogear Rotating Surge Protector Power Strip with 2 USB Ports & 6 Rotating AC Outlets
Power & protect up to 8 devices at once with 6 rotating AC outlets and 2 USB ports. 1080 Joules of quality surge protection stands up to even the biggest power surges. Just don’t spill actual Surge soda on it.Check Price
Getting a surge suppression device for your gadgets is usually the easy part. The challenging part is knowing how to choose the right ones that fit your budget and requirements. There are just too many brands and models in the market these days, we hope by narrowing them down, it would make life easier for you. 🙂
Do not hesitate to reach out to our team should you need any recommendations and advice on getting the best electronics surge protector.